WiLearn is a training program for new child welfare professionals in Wisconsin and will be required for all new employees hired beginning January 1, 2023, and whose primary functions include CPS access, initial assessment, ongoing, or a mixture of these CPS practice areas.
The WiLearn training program includes the following components:
- Agency orientation and onboarding
- Completion of the Case Worker Pre-Service Web-Based Modules
- Pre-Service transfer of learning, job shadowing, and on-the-job training completed in tandem with the web-based preservice modules
- Completion of the Introduction to eWiSACWIS web-based modules
- Completion of the Foundational Elements, which includes web-based training and facilitated Community Huddles held via Zoom
- Transfer of learning, job shadowing, on-the-job training, and learning evaluation completed in tandem with the Foundational Elements
- Enhanced supervisory oversight and coaching
- Local agency trainings
- A reduced/50% primary case assignment for the duration of the program’s length (6 months)
Additional program information will be added to this page as it becomes available.